The Training Methodology is broadly divided in to Theoretical Foundations, Methods & tools
and Hands on work on exemplars/case-studies covering the following broad areas:
- Qualitative Research Methods,
- Quantitative Research Methods and
- Capstone Project / Field Immersions.
The workshop includes:
- Lectures from experienced Cornell Academicians on Qualitative and Quantitative methods of evaluation and research design.
- Plenary or parallel discussion sessions on specific topics and current issues.
- Group exercises reinforcing the material covered in the plenary and parallel tracks.
- Moderators work with each group to guide the conversation and provide technical support.
- Case studies to allow participants a chance to apply their knowledge to a case from the field.
- Special lectures from policy makers including bureaucrats, politicians and others.
What will you get out of this workshop?
The workshop will introduce you to policy analysis tools and techniques as well as an understanding of how they can be used to improve the quality of public policy decision-making.
- Introduction to and Overview of Policy Analysis.
- Phases of Public Policymaking.
- Basic Techniques for Conducting Policy Analysis.
- Understanding Quantitative & Qualitative Methods and Program Evaluation techniques.
- Using evidence based research output to advocate with policy makers.