Position title: Statistician
The incumbent is based in headquarters of GRAAM and responsible to carry out the statistical operations of all the programs of the organization
Reports to – Executive Director – GRAAM
Supervised by – Head – Research
Position s directly Supervised by the incumbent – Data Entry Operators
Education / Professional Qualification:
Post Graduate preferably in Statistics with strong Knowledge in application of statistical technics and tools with relevant experience in the similar work area.
- 3 years of related experience preferred
- Clear understanding of the research process acquired through both practical and academic experience.
- Demonstrated quantitative/qualitative analysis skills
- Strong ability to use MS Office and Internet
- Knowledge of the Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) / STATA is must
- Previous experience of handling assignments with minimum supervision
- Should be a team player
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Kannada and English
Description of Duties / Responsibilities
- Analyze and interpret data of different research activities of the organization
- Prepare analysis plans and writes detailed specifications for analysis files, consistency checks, tables, and figures
- Compiles reports, charts, and tables using suitable statistical methods
- Interprets, analyze and writes statistical sections of study reports
- Perform meta-analyses by pooling data from several studies
- Communicates with team and external agencies regarding statistical analysis issues
- Verify statistical programs, statistical results, and data sets used in statistical section of technical documents
- Provides suggestion to the research team in planning research from the statistical perspective
- Provides support to different researchers of GRAAM in handling and analyzing data
- Procures and analyses secondary data
- Managing dynamic data bank which shall support the researchers in developing research proposals and reports
- Should be able to visit field and independently carry out field data collection / research as and when required
- Should take up independent research projects
- Does data validation on the field to ensure accuracy of data enumeration
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to explain statistical research results and forecasts
- Develop and manage systems to handle and store research data in a secured and appropriate manner.
- Any other related assignments may be entrusted by the reporting authority
- Develop and implement short term training courses on social research and using statistical package like SPSS etc.
- Involves in training and teaching assignments of the organization. 20% of the total time is expected to be dedicated towards this.
Mail your applications to HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Three years of experience in similar job is a must for all the positions
Last date for submitting your job application 26th November 2018.
Remuneration: Salary will commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience.