S. Madheswaran (M.A, M.Phil, Ph.D.) is a Professor at the Centre for Economic Studies and Policy (CESP), Bangalore. He did his M. A. in Economics from the Bharathiyar University, and M.Phil. and Ph.D. in Econometrics from the University of Madras. Besides being an Academician, he holds various distinguished positions in public committees. Some of the positions currently held by him are:
- Advisor to Department of Planning, Program Monitoring and Statistics, Government of Karnataka.
- Member of Minimum Wage Committee, Department of Labour, GOK.
- Member of Industrial Relations, Federation of Karnataka Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
- Technical Advisor – SANDEE.
- Joint Secretary – The Indian Econometric Society, 2002
He also holds multiple professional society memberships with IES, IAEPA, ISLE, ISAE & ISEE. Prior to his current involvement as a Professor, he served in various capacities such as Research Fellow, Research Assistant, Consultant, Lecturer and Associate Professor for different institutions and projects sponsored by Indian and foreign agencies.