Thematic Area: Natural Resources Use and Management
This study will focus on the water scenario on available information and data. Information on development, use, management, water governance, water related policies, cross-boundary issues and agreements will be examined. The document will also define problems/issues related to all the aspects of water resources to the Karnataka State.
|Project Name:||Preparation of Karnataka State Specific Action Plans (SSAP) on Water: Towards Security, Safety and Sustainability: 2050-under the National Water Mission.|
|Project Sanction Date||17th December 2018|
|Project Period||17th April 2019|
|Project Location||Karnataka State|
|Project Supported by||Advance Centre for Integrated Water Resources Management (ACIWRM)|
|Implementation Partner||Grassroots Research and Advocacy Movement (GRAAM)|
|Scope of Work||• Describing the water scenario on both, the demand and supply side(River Basin-Wise and …district- wise, with all sources-like precipitation, surface water, lakes, ground water etc)
• Reviewing existing water policies and regulations
• Identifying current and future development needs and challenges
• Formulating performance indicators for each water cycle
• Formulating the Annual state water budget
• Assessing the impact of Climate Change on Resources
• Formulating strategic Action plan to manage the impact of climate change
• formulating a comprehensive and integrated water plan for water security, safety and …sustainability till 2050.