The IICA (Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs) has chosen GRAAM (Grassroots Research and Advocacy Movement) as Empaneled Domain Expert in Corporate Social Responsibility for NFCSR (National Foundation for Corporate Social Responsibility).
Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA) is a think-tank and Centre of Excellence (CoE) established by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA), Government of India to support the growth of the corporate sector in India through an integrated and multi-disciplinary approach.
The IICA offers capacity building and advisory solutions to the Central Ministries and State Governments, Statutory Authorities, Public/Private Sector, etc. through its Schools and Centers. It creates customized programmes designed especially for the Ministries, departments or companies as per their requirement, through its various schools and Centers. The Institute has been playing an important role in implementing the new CSR mandate in the country in accordance with the Companies Act 2013.
After rigorous evaluation, IICA has chosen GRAAM as Empaneled Domain Expert in CSR based on the following track record:
- GRAAM has been providing comprehensive CSR solutions to Corporates across India in the areas of Community Needs Assessment, CSR Strategy development, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation and Consulting.
- GRAAM has been working closely with various Government Departments such as National Rural Health Mission, Karnataka Rural Livelihood Mission, and Government of Karnataka in the areas of Child Rights and Education, Public Health, Food Security and Nutrition, Persons with Disability, Social Security, Rural Governance and Human Development.
- GRAAM has collaborations with various NGO, Civil Society Movements and UN agencies
- GRAAM has partnered with leading academic institutions both at international and national level
This empanelment gives GRAAM and IICA-NFCSR opportunities to work together over the next three years on in the following fields of CSR:
- Health including Hunger, poverty and malnutrition
- Water and Sanitation
- Education, including special education and employment enhancing vocational skills
- Skill Development leading to livelihood enhancement projects
- Women empowerment and Gender equality
- Certification in various aspects of CSR, Sustainability and Social Accountability etc.
As an empanelled domain expert in CSR, GRAAM will be able to collaborate with IICA in the following:
- Development as well provisioning of inputs in to preparation of Research papers/ Status papers/Proposals/ presentations etc;
- Preparation of trainer and participant relevant guidebooks and training material that assists companies/Implementing Agencies(IAs) in implementing programmes and activities by providing information on the types of activities that could be undertaken, along with national and international best practices;
- Development of pedagogic tools for Training of Trainers (ToTs) in order to create a cadre of professional trainers
- In addition to developing the facilitator and learner ToT material, the Experts would also be required to conduct the said training program
- Assisting in delivering CSR Services to the country that include LTP (Long Term Programmes) and STP (Short Term Programmes) training, Advisory Consulting, Support services for Implementing Agencies, Workshops/Roundtables, Action Research etc.
- Documenting and sharing good practices, case studies, gap analysis etc; and managing other supporting activities.
To learn more about IICA – NFCSR, visit: