Dr Bhanu M
Designation: Senior Research Fellow
E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bhanu M completed her medical under-graduation from Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bengaluru in 2009, and her post-graduation in Community Medicine from M. S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bengaluru in 2012, and a DNB in Social & Preventive Medicine from National Board of Examinations in 2015.
She last worked as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Community Medicine at M S Ramaiah Medical College, from 2013 to 2018.
Under the international project on “Training Component of the Environmentally Sound Management of Medical Wastes in India- GEF/UNIDO/MOEFFCC/MSRMC endeavour”, she was a member of the IEC, and monitoring and evaluation teams. She was involved in preparation of various formats & templates under the project, and she is one of the members on the editorial board of the quarterly bulletin published under the project.
She is a life member of the Karnataka Association of Community Health (KACH), Indian Academy of Preventive & Social Medicine (IAPSM) & International Association of Parenteral & Enteral Nutrition (IAPEN).
She has to her credit, a Postgraduate Diploma in Health & Hospital Management from IGNOU securing a distinction. She also has a Certificate in Health Care Waste Management from IGNOU. She is trained in Scientific Writing & Reference Management (eSWaRM) from the Institute of Public Health- Bangalore, in Problem Based Learning from St John’s Medical College, Bangalore, and in certified in Research Ethics & Evidenced Based Diabetes Management (offered by Dr Mohan Diabetic Centre, Chennai along with PHFI) from Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI). She has six publications in PubMed indexed national & international journals and has authored a chapter on Epidemiology of Diabetes in the textbook of Community Medicine by IAPSM.
Her areas of interest include teaching-learning methodologies, emotional intelligence, bio-medical waste management, research & project management (particularly time management), and diabetes care and nutrition.
She joined GRAAM in January 2019 aspiring to expand her learning & experience in the area of research, and project planning and implementation in the field of public health. She believes that result oriented action is one of her biggest strengths.
Her hobbies are reading books, glass painting, doing embroidery, and knitting.
Some of her publications are:
- The effect of addition of low dose fentanyl to epidural bupivacaine (0.5%) in patients undergoing elective caesarean section: A randomized, parallel group, double blind, placebo controlled study. Parate LH, Manjrekar, SP, Anandaswamy TC, Manjunath B Journal of Postgraduate Medicine, 2015 January;61(1)
- Prevalence & factors associated with goitre among 6 – 12 year old children in a rural area of Karnataka in South India. Bhanu Manjunath, G Suman, T Hemanth, NS Shivaraj, NS Murthy Biol Trace Elem Res, 13 Jun, 2015
- Inaccurate level of intervertebral space estimated by palpation: The ultrasonic revelation. Parate LH, Manjunath B, Tejesh CA, Pujari V Saudi Journal of Anesthesia. 2016
- Letter to Editor. Journal of the Indian Society of Hospital Waste Management.Sep 2016;15(1)
- Role of exposure to data collection and analysis activities during community orientation program & its effect on knowledge and attitude of medical undergraduate students. Chethan T, Radhika K, Bhanu M, NS Murthy Int J Community Med Public Health. 2016 Nov;3(11):3236-3240
- A qualitative study on determinants of choice of contraceptives in a rural field practice area of a medical college in Karnataka. Hamsa T. Swamy*, Bhanu M., Nanda Kumar B. S., Shivaraj N. S. Int J Community Med Public Health. 2017 Jun;4(6):1943-1950