Dr G Rajagopal
Designation: PROFESSOR ( RETIRED )
E-mail ID: email@example.com
- July-1972 : Started career as Lecturer in English at E.S. College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Malleshwaram., Bengaluru
- 1975 – 77 : Worked as Teacher-Trainer at Regional Institute of English, Chandigarh ( Union Territory ).
- January 1978: Joined CIEFL / EFL-U, Hyderabad, and Retired from EFL-U on 31st May, 2013.
- Teacher of English, Teacher-Trainer, Trainer-Trainer, Resource Person for Training in ELT as well as Training the Corporate Personnel ;
- Specialist in Bi- / Multilingualism; Classroom ELT Theories and Practices;
- Research into the role of L1 (Mother Tongue) in the Teaching of English, and Helping Teachers of English (especially those with a dominant L1-background) cope with problems in Teaching English in Rural and Urban set-ups in India and elsewhere across the World,
- For Ph.D :: Developed a “Bilingual Reading Methodology” to enable Class Nine Kannada (L1)-medium Learners learn better Reading
- Skills in English (L2), and used their knowledge of L1 ( Kannada ) as a helpful and a productive ‘Resource’ in this process,
- Specialist in ELT and its related Areas such as TESL / TEFL / TESOL, and ESP / EST / EAP / EOP ; Phonetics and Spoken English ;Communication Skills ; Testing, Assessment and Examination Reforms ; Presentation Skills, and Personality Development
- Author / Editor of Books, Articles and Research Papers / Publications, Dean, I/C-VC, I/C-Registrar, HOD etc at CIEFL / EFLU, Hyderabad,
- Member, Karnataka State Textbook Committee and DSERT, Karnataka.
- Member, Boards of Studies in English in a few Indian Universities
- Member, National Academic Advisory, K.V. Sanghatan, MHRD / GOI
- ( Chairman, Core Committee for preparation of a Position Paper for
- Teaching English in India, an NCERT / GOI Project.
- Organised National and International Seminars / Conferences / Symposia,
- Travelled widely in India and Overseas
- Taken part in Dramatics as Actor, Director and Stage-hand.