Dr. Ananya Samajdar
Designation: Senior Research Fellow
E-mail ID: email@example.com
Ananya has joined the GRAAM office in August 2018. She holds a PhD in Political Science from the National University of Singapore, and her PhD research investigated the relationship between accountability and performance of Panchayati Raj Institutions in West Bengal and Madhya Pradesh.
Prior to joining GRAAM, she worked for five years at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Mumbai, first with its National CSR Hub and then as Assistant Professor at its Director’s Office. She headed the Project Proposal Evaluation vertical at National CSR Hub, TISS and has been a Resource Person on CSR Law for several CSR training sessions.
She has also been involved in research studies at TISS, including programme evaluations and the assessment of the Vigilance mechanisms of a reputed Public Sector Enterprise. She has served as Programme Coordinator of the Centre for Academic Leadership and Education Management (CALEM) at TISS, set up under Govt of India’s Pandit Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching (PMMMNMTT). In the past, she has served as lecturer for three and a half years in the departments of Political Science and Mass Media at Wilson College, Mumbai.
- Ko, Kilkon and Ananya Samajdar. 2010. Evaluation of International Corruption Indexes: Should We Believe Them or Not? The Social Science Journal 47: 508-40.
- Samajdar, Ananya. 2011. Accountability and Performance: A Study of Rural Local Government in the Indian State of West Bengal. Annual International Conference on Political Science, Sociology and International Relations 2011 (PSSIR 2011), 7-8 November, Singapore [published in Proceedings of the Annual International Conference on Political Science, Sociology and International Relations (PSSIR 2011), 7-8 November 2011, Singapore, published by Global Science and Technology Forum (GSTF) and indexed by EBSCO and CrossRef].
- Samajdar, Ananya. 2012. An Assessment of Local Government Accountability: Mechanisms and their Operation in Gram Panchayats in Two Indian States. International Conference on Public Administration (8th ICPA), 25-27th October 2012, Hyderabad, India [published in Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Public Administration (8th) (Volume 1), published by University of Electronic Science and Technology of China Press (UESTC Press), Chengdu, People’s Republic of China].
- Samajdar, Ananya. 2016. Far Beyond RUSA: Book Review of “RUSA- As Quality Intervention in the Higher Education Sector” (2016), edited by Dalip Kumar and published by Chandigarh Post Graduate Government College for Girls and Unistar Books Pvt Ltd. University News 54 (31): 30-3 (August 01-07).
- Samajdar, Ananya. 2017. Democracy, Capacity and Performance in Panchayats: Exploring the Dilemma and the Debate in Abhijit Bhattacharya and Mousumi Ghatak (eds.)Rural Development Programmes in India: Effectiveness and Evaluation. Serials Publications Pvt Ltd.
- Sarma, Rohan and Ananya Samajdar. 2017. Healthy Balance Sheets and Unhealthy Communities : Practitioner Perspectives on CSR Initiatives of Public Sector Enterprises in India in S. Siva Raju (ed.) Corporate Social Responsibility in India: Some Empirical Evidence. Springer Singapore.