Position Title: Director / Deputy Director – Research
The Director/ Deputy Director of Research at GRAAM will lead and oversee the research vertical, supervise the multi-disciplinary research team and will work closely with other vertical leaders within the organization. The person should possess a minimum of 15 years of in social science / development researchexperience, and a minimum of 5+ years in Leading team of researchers in the similar capacity.
Proven experience in acquiring new research studies for the organization is necessary. The incumbent is required to support Executive Director in achieving Organization’s goals.
- Passion to work in the development sector and conviction to bring about change
- Knowledge of current development ecosystem (challenges and issues)
- Excellent grant writing and proposal writing skills including project budgeting
- Knowledge of Project Management
- Proficiency in usage of computers, and statistical packages such as SPSS or R
- Explores research opportunities in India and South Asia actively
- Writes proposals as necessary to get the funding as required by different donor agencies
- Designs implementation plans for research projects keeping the geographic realities in consideration and ensures effective their implementation
- Prepares clearly written technical and analytical reports
- Acts as a professional advisor to the Executive Director on aspects related to research and other related organizational opportunities/challenges
- Manages the staffing and training of internal and external resources working in research vertical
- Represents GRAAM in various collaborative activities and projects, including meetings, public events, seminars, workshops and training events;
- Participates on the management review meetings providing inputs on decision-making
- Provides clear and useful reports to the Executive Director and the Board of Trustees, staff and other stakeholders as needed to implement the strategies and programs
- Builds and strengthens the Research and Evaluation team
- Develops key messages that will help in clear dissemination of GRAAM’s mission, goals and objectives with respect to research vertical
- Co-develops, implements and monitors an evaluation plan addressing logic models, strategic and program evaluation questions, data collection methods, analysis and reporting
- Maintains links and collaborates where possible with other external data collection, evaluation and systems changes efforts
- Develops relationships with other agencies and providers
- Develops data collection policies and practices and monitors uniform data collection compliance and quality across organizations; Develops and prepares internal reports of status, progress and outcomes of evaluation activities
- Keeps current regarding funding requirements for data collection and reporting and puts into place local methods to ensure reliable, accurate compliance which reflect service activities
- Conducts research and analysis of issues as requested, including preparation of reports, white papers and journal publications recommendations and other materials
- Develop academic / training programs as well as coordinate implementation of program such as Program Evaluation Workshop that GRAAM conducts regularly
- Ensure constant and productive relationship with Empanelled Consultants and Panel of Technical Consultants
- Support development of different research portfolis at GRAAM primarily focusing on Public Health, Education, Livelihood and Governance
- Manages Research and Evaluation staff, interns, volunteers and provides ongoing coaching/guidance/mentoring, feedback and support to build their capacity to further the mission of GRAAM.
- Serves as part of the organization’s leadership team and contributes to the development and execution of strategic decisions.
- Ability to think strategically, remaining focused on goals and objectives
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and be persistent, and solve problems as they arise
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse personalities, and the wide variety of professional backgrounds and experiences of organizations, government and NGOs and communities
- Experience working with a variety of public, private, nonprofit and grassroots organizational structures
- Highly proficient and knowledgeable in the use of current computer software and tools
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree and at least fifteen years of relevant proven experience in development / social science research and management responsibilities and/or Ph.Dwith TEN year’s relevant experience in Social Science Discipline
- Knowledge and experience of using evaluation and community-based research to inform program development
- Knowledge and experience of program evaluation principles, theories, concepts and practices
- Demonstrated expertise in successfully designing and carrying out quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation processes including Participatory Action Research
- Ability to analyze information, summarize findings and present them in ways easily understandable to decision-makers
- Demonstrated ability in designing and manipulating data using a computer database
- Experience developing, and maintaining longitudinal data management systems
- Expertise in usage of statistical principles and methods for data analysis
- Experience working in a community-driven agency
- Experience working with governing bodies, including boards of directors, advisory boards, commissions
- Experience supporting and training staff and community partners, that are unfamiliar with research and evaluations, to collect, manage and analyze data
- Familiarity with the key social issues facing India and South Asia
Terms and conditions
- The Director/Deputy Director of Research is a full-time position based at Mysuru or Bengaluru, India.
- The appointment is regular (not project based), subject to satisfactory completion duringthe probationary period, and to satisfactory performance.
Mail your applications to HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org by 16th August 2018
Remuneration: Salary will commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience.