Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Southern Region has invited GRAAM’s Executive Director Mr. Basavaraju R to be part of newly constituted Taskforce on Water for the year 2016 – 17.
The theme for CII Southern Region for the year 2016-17 is Vibrant South: Competitiveness, Inclusiveness and Governance and the focus areas for the year include Ease of doing Business, Education and Skill Development, MSME and Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Inclusive growth and connecting members to markets.
The CII Southern Region Task Force on Water is constituted with the following objectives.
- To create awareness about optimum usage of water and conservation of the resource at the source level.
- To promote measures for better utilisation and retrieval of water resources.
- To share best practices in usage of water & reuse of water, at three levels of interventions – Industry, society & agriculture.
- To ensure source protection and remediation of fresh water sources in various states of southern region.
- To restore polluted water bodies in southern states.
- To serve as a reference point for the CII Southern Region Council on issues related to water.
- To provide a platform for industry to interact with Government on water related issues.
In alignment with the above theme and focus areas, various sub-committees have been constituted on different sectors.
The water taskforce is chaired by Mr. T T Ashok, ChairmanCII Southern Region & Managing Director of Taylor Rubber Pvt Ltd.
This invitation to join CII Taskforce has come as recognition to the public policy and corporate social responsibility consulting support that GRAAM has been providing to the reputed corporate institutions.