Designation: Executive Director
E-mail ID: email@example.com
Basavaraju R, – is a development professional and a researcher having diversified expertise in designing & implementing projects in the Non Profit, Government and Corporate Social Responsibility sector. His expertise is Strategic Planning, Developmental Research, Monitoring, Program Evaluation and Advocacy.
He conceptualized and implemented several development and research projects related to Skill Development and Livelihood, Youth Development, Child Rights & Education, HIV AIDS, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene, Employment of Persons with Disabilities and on other thematic issues in the states of Karnataka, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh states in India.
As Head-Projects at V-LEAD (Unit of Swami Vivekananda Youth Movement), he played a key role in extending activities of the organization to Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh states in India. His contributions was predominant in establishing V-LEAD as a credible training institute.
Basavaraju served as a Deputy Director of State Resource Centre on Child Labour, Department of Labour, Government of Karnataka. He developed the State Action Plan for the elimination of child labour. State Resource Centre was established to be a nodal agency to facilitate child labour elimination activities in collaboration with the International Labour Organization. He was Editor-in-Chief of bi-monthly newsletter on Child Labour ‘Balavani’, established Web Based Child Labour Tracking System and online Child Labour Complaint Registering Mechanism in the state.
Policy and advisory responsibilities in Government of Karnataka:
- Member – Curricula Review Committee – Job Readiness Training and Soft Skill Training for it is, Government of Karnataka (2018)
- Member – South India Region Water Task Force constituted by Confederation of Indian Industries (2017)
- Member – Karnataka Vision 2025 Sector Specialist Group and Author of the Skill Development and Employment Vision Document for the state (2017)
- Member – Core Team of Consultants to develop Skill Development Policy for Government of Karnataka and principal author of the policy draft (2017)
- Member – Advisory Committee for Karnataka State Rural Livelihood Mission, Government of Karnataka (2012)
- Member – Drafting Committee of Karnataka Sanitation Facilities Guarantee Act (2014-15), Department of Rural Development and Panchayath Raj, Government of Karnataka
- Member – Advisory Committee to draft Land Purchase Policy for Housing Schemes in Karnataka, Department of Housing, Govt of Karnataka (2014-15)
- Convener – Advisory Committee for drafting revised action plan for the elimination of Child Labour in Karnataka, Government of Karnataka (2010-2011)
He joined Dr. R. Balasubramaniam in establishing Grassroots Research And Advocacy Movement (GRAAM) as a credible public policy research institute. He served as its Deputy Director till March 2014 from its inception and he is now the Executive Director.
Basavaraju was invited by the Cornell University’s Employment and Disability Institute, USA as a visiting fellow. He travelled across the USA to interact with different disability organization involved in implementing shelter homes, fighting for their rights and lobby groups doing advocacy at the national level.
Besides his responsibility as Executive Director at GRAAM, he is personally in charge of Corporate Social Responsibility consulting, Skill Development and Livelihood, and Disability portfolios.